Project Progress

PROJECT PROGRESS: To date, I have collected three gallons of pennies! Will tally them soon. Check here for Project Progress throughout the year.





Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Making Progress!

The community response to decorating the tiles for the shrine(s) has been great! I knew the kids would enjoy it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the numbers of teens, adults, and seniors who also participated during my open studio at First Friday a couple of weeks ago. This weekend is Art Detour and I will again be having visitors to my studio participate in this project by decorating a tile if they are so inclined.

The amount of participation was not the only pleasant surprise. Also of note was the quality... there are so many really talented, creative people out there. I, myself, can not draw worth a hoot... so I was very impressed with the artwork on the tiles.

We also got a good start on a list of people who want to come into the studio and help construct this art piece. I will be posting dates and times here and on my facebook page to let people know when to show up.... so keep checking. Or, send me your email address and i will send yo a personal invitation to come out and make art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are appreciated.